Detroit Bankruptcy Law’s team is dedicated to helping our clients find the best solutions to their debt problems. Our attorneys can help you quickly determine if Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 is more suitable for your case. Whatever your circumstances are, we are here to provide you with answers that are necessary to take the quickest and most effective action. You will never be treated like just another case or file with our team because we believe in putting our client's concerns, questions, or anxieties before anything else. We will then create an approach that is unique and customized to your situation for the best possible solution and outcome.
We should be your first call because:
- Our attorney Rita Kostopoulos is a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification – a certification that is nationally recognized.
- Our law firm was selected as one of the top 100 firms by the Debt Education and Certification Foundation (DECAF).
- We have helped over 9,000 of our clients reach debt-free living through bankruptcy and other debt-relief options.
- Collectively, we have nearly 100 years of legal experience with reaching long-term debt relief solutions instead of just temporary fixes.
- We are fluent in many languages, including Arabic, English, French, Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Our goal is to help you. We are not here to judge you or your current situation. No case is too complex for the attorneys at Detroit Bankruptcy Law and we believe that there is a realistic solution that can be applied to your financial problems. We would love to help you find the best solution for your current situation and put you on the road to financial freedom!
What is Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is a complex process. There are many options available for people who are in debt, and it can even be categorized between business and consumers. The most common consumer bankruptcies are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
Chapter 7 bankruptcy eliminates most of your debt. Filing for a Chapter 7 will allow a debtor to discharge unsecured debts, such as:
- Medical bills
- Personal loans
- Credit card debt
- Auto repossession
- Past-due utility bills
However, under Chapter 7, you will not be able to discharge the following: spousal support or alimony, child support, certain taxes, court-ordered fines, victim restitution, debts for willful or malicious injuries, debts for most government-funded educational loans, debts for personal injury having to do with DUI accidents, debts for certain condominium or cooperative housing fees. Under a Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge, a debtor is no longer personally liable for their debts. When they file for bankruptcy they will be protected under an automatic stay. This will permanently prevent creditors from being able to attempt to collect your debts.
How we can help:
We know that filing can seem daunting, but we can assure you that we will find the best solution for you. With a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, we can:
- Stop creditor harassment
- End telephone calls, letters, and other forms of communication with creditors
- Stop wage garnishment
- Stop your home from going to foreclosure
- Put a stop to any repossessions
- Stop any current lawsuits against you
We offer FREE bankruptcy evaluations!
Detroit Bankruptcy Law meets people just like you every day when they walk through our doors to seek help from our team. We can’t always control what happens in life and sometimes those things can put us in debt. Our team consists of only the best attorneys to help you find your way out of debt. Let us help you take the steps to fix your current situation and prevent debt in the future. We can help you get back on track and control your credit.
Call us NOW to find out how filing your bankruptcy will improve your credit score, and help you remove your personal liability over your debts. Let your certified bankruptcy specialists determine if bankruptcy is right for you.
Contact Detroit Bankruptcy Law today at (586) 217-2099