We are the experienced Southfield Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorneys!
At Detroit Bankruptcy Law, we have the team of expert lawyers who have the experience to sort out any financial issues you have. We’ll start by figuring out if Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy Southfield would be most beneficial in your situation. Then, we’ll use our expertise to build a plan that gets you as much debt relief as we can.
If you have any questions about bankruptcy during and before the process, we’ll answer them completely. We always make sure that each client has an attorney they can go to for one-on-one attention.
We are recognized as a fresh start law firm because:
- Our attorney Rita Kostopoulos has been accredited as a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification, which is a nationally recognized accreditation.
- Our firm was recognized as one of the top 100 firms in the country by the Debt Education and Certification Foundation (DECAF).
- Over 10,000 of our clients have become debt-free thanks to bankruptcy and other debt-relief options.
- We have a combined legal experience of more than a lifetime in identifying long-term debt-relief alternatives rather than simply short ones.
- Arabic, English, French, Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish are among our numerous languages.
We will never judge you for financial troubles, we just want to help you out. We know that all kinds of things lead to financial troubles, many of them out of your control, and we want to get you free from any financial burden.
Why would I need a lawyer for Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is no simple process if you’re going through it all alone. When you consider the sheer amount of rules regulating bankruptcy, plus the fact that these rules change often, it only makes sense to have a lawyer who specializes in the area. Even something as simple as choosing which bankruptcy chapter you want to file has implications on how the rest of your case will go. Most consumers choose between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, as they are the most beneficial to consumers. By filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy Southfield, the following types of debts can be dismissed:
- Medical expenses
- Loan forgiveness
- Debt from credit cards
- Car repossession
- Past-due utility expenses
Not every kind of debt is dismissed in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, though. These are the debts that won’t be dismissed: debts for willful or malicious injuries, court-ordered fines, debts for most government-funded educational loans, child support, alimony, debts for personal injury from a DUI accident, victim restitution, certain taxes, spousal support or alimony, cooperative housing fees, or debts for the certain condominium fees.
As soon as you file your Chapter 7 bankruptcy Southfield, you won’t be held individually responsible for your debts anymore. This is due to the automatic stay bankruptcy puts in place, which also makes creditor collection attempts illegal while your bankruptcy is active.
How Detroit Bankruptcy Law can help:
If you try to go through bankruptcy on your own, it’s very unlikely that you’ll get the results you want. We have the expert lawyers who can make the process easy for you while getting effective results. If you choose Detroit Bankruptcy Law to help you file Chapter 7 bankruptcy, then we can:
- Stop calls, letters, and all kinds of communication with creditors
- Stop foreclosure on your home
- Stop any repossessions
- End wage garnishment
- Keep creditors from harassing you
- Stop any pending litigation against you
We offer a FREE consultation for bankruptcy!
If you want to fix any financial issues, stay out of debt going forward, and raise your credit score, then Rita Kostopoulos Associates is the answer to your problems! Get in touch with us and we’ll explain how bankruptcy can cancel individual responsibilities for debt while raising your credit score. If you feel like there’s no way to overcome your growing debt, Detroit Bankruptcy Law can give you a way out without sacrificing your assets, by filing bankruptcy.