We are the experienced Pontiac Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorneys!
Detroit Bankruptcy Law can help you with any financial problems you may have. We can quickly decide whether Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is right for your needs. With our expertise, we can create a solid plan for you to follow.
We’ll make sure to answer any questions you have throughout the process. We give each of our clients personal attention and the lawyers at Detroit Bankruptcy Law craft every client an individualized plan for their case.
We are recognized as a fresh start law firm because:
- Our attorney Rita Kostopoulos has been accredited as a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification, which is a nationally recognized accreditation.
- Our firm was recognized as one of the top 100 firms in the country by the Debt Education and Certification Foundation (DECAF).
- Over 10,000 of our clients have become debt-free thanks to bankruptcy and other debt-relief options.
- We have a combined legal experience of more than a lifetime in identifying long-term debt-relief alternatives rather than simply short ones.
- Arabic, English, French, Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish are among our numerous languages.
Get a fresh start with our legal services, we’ll never judge you for your situation. We have the professional experience to handle any financial problems, even the big ones. We would love to help you get your finances back on track.
Why would I need a lawyer for Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy can get confusing quick if you’re dealing with it on your own. There are tons of chapter of bankruptcy that are hard to keep track of. Most commonly, consumers use Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy Pontiac. In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can get the majority of your debt discharged. Chapter 7 bankruptcy Pontiac can get the following kind of debts discharged:
- Medical expenses
- Loan forgiveness
- Debt from credit cards
- Car repossession
- Past-due utility expenses
Chapter 7 bankruptcy will not get these kinds of debts discharged: victim restitution, spousal support or alimony, debts for willful or malicious injuries, debts for most government-funded educational loans, or court-ordered fines, debts for the certain condominium or cooperative housing fees, debts for personal injury from a DUI accident, certain taxes, or child support.
Once you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy Pontiac, you are not individually responsible for your debts anymore. An automatic stay is put into immediate effect, which means that creditors cannot attempt collections from you.
How Detroit Bankruptcy Law can help:
Bankruptcy can be incredibly stressful if taken on alone, let our experts help smooth out the process for you. If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, we can help you by:
- Stopping calls, letters, and all kinds of communication with creditors
- Stopping foreclosure on your home
- Stopping any repossessions
- Ending wage garnishment
- Keeping creditors from harassing you
- Stopping any pending litigation against you
We offer a FREE consultation for bankruptcy!
Rita Kostopoulos Law is here for you and can help fix financial issues, raise your credit score, and help you stay out of debt going forward. Contact us today and we’ll tell you how bankruptcy will erase your individual accountability for debts while raising your credit score. Detroit Bankruptcy Law will help you determine whether or not bankruptcy is best for you.