We are the experienced Flint Chapter 7, bankruptcy attorneys!
Our staff at Detroit Bankruptcy Law is here to help you solve your financial issues. We will efficiently help you decide if Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is right for your situation. We have the knowledge to guide you through the process and choose the best course of action for your circumstances.
We always prioritize our clients’ questions, concerns, and worries. We never treat our clients as just another case. We will take the time to come up with a tailored strategy for you so that you can get the best result possible.
We are recognized as a fresh start law firm because:
- Our attorney Rita Kostopoulos has been accredited as a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification, which is a nationally recognized accreditation.
- Our firm was recognized as one of the top 100 firms in the country by the Debt Education and Certification Foundation (DECAF).
- Over 10,000 of our clients have become debt-free thanks to bankruptcy and other debt-relief options.
- We have a combined legal experience of more than a lifetime in identifying long-term debt-relief alternatives rather than simply short ones.
- Arabic, English, French, Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish are among our numerous languages.
Our goal is to help you get a fresh start through our legal services. We don’t ever judge our clients. We have the experiences and expertise to take care of any case, no matter how tough it is. We would be proud to help you get through your current financial difficulties!
Why would I need a lawyer for Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy can be a confusing process. There are many options available to people in debt, divided into the categories of business and consumer. For consumers, the most common bankruptcy choices are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. Most of your debt will be discharged in Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Flint will discharge debt like:
- Medical expenses
- Loan forgiveness
- Debt from credit cards
- Car repossession
- Past-due utility expenses
These are the debts that you can’t discharge under Chapter 7: Child support, spousal support or alimony, certain taxes, victim restitution, court-ordered fines, debts for most government-funded educational loans, debts for willful or malicious injuries, debts for the certain condominium or cooperative housing fees, and debts for personal injury from a DUI accident. After filing Chapter 7 Flint bankruptcy, the debtor is not individually responsible for their debt obligations. Debtors are protected by an automatic stay which keeps creditors from trying to collect debts in the future.
How Detroit Bankruptcy Law can help:
We know it can be stressful and scary to file for bankruptcy, but we can help you through. With Chapter 7 bankruptcy, we can help you:
- Stop calls, letters, and all kinds of communication with creditors
- Stop foreclosure on your home
- Stop any repossessions
- End wage garnishment
- Keep creditors from harassing you
- Stop any pending litigation against you
We offer a FREE consultation for bankruptcy!
Each day, we see tons of people like you come into our law office seeking advice from our staff at Rita Kostopoulos Law. While no one can control everything in life, problems come up and can put us in debt. We can help you get rid of financial problems, improve your credit, and keep you out of debt in the future. Give us a call today to learn more about how bankruptcy can improve your credit score and get rid of personal accountability for debts. Let our bankruptcy law firm help you decide whether bankruptcy can help you.