COVID-19 Update: All of our offices remain open for appointments.
Consults available via phone or Skype/Facetime. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

Call Now
586-574-0916 or

- Spanish Speaking Clients Click Here


Taxes are not generally dischargeable in Dearborn bankruptcy.

But, there are some situations where tax debt is discharged. This is if you can qualify for IRS tax forgiveness Dearborn. If you do, then bankruptcy can get your back taxes, fines, and penalties back. Ask for help from the expert attorneys at Kosotopoulos Associates and we’ll find out if you qualify for IRS tax debt forgiveness.

By meeting these three standards, you’ll qualify for the IRS tax debt forgiveness program:

  1. Tax debts have to be reviewed by the IRS at least 240 days before filing for bankruptcy.
  2. Your tax returns for the debt must be on file for more than two years.
  3. The debt forgiveness tax you owe the IRS has to be at least three years old.

If you meet these standards, filing for Chapter 7, Chapter 11, or Chapter 13 bankruptcy Dearborn will put an end to collection attempts from creditors. This is because bankruptcy starts an automatic stay that makes collection attempts against you illegal. With Chapter 7 bankruptcy Dearborn, you can get your debt cleared fully in only 90 days after filing. You may not get every debt dismissed, and if so the IRS tax forgiveness program will keep pursuing them once your bankruptcy ends.

If you don’t have every debt dismissed, you can use Chapter 13 bankruptcy to set up a payment plan that lets you pay off any debt that’s left in a manageable way.

Contact Detroit Bankruptcy Law to set up a free consultation with one of our expert attorneys!

To get your tax debt dismissed, ask the experts at Detroit Bankruptcy Law. We have plenty of board certifications and a range of experience that allows us to help bankruptcy clients throughout Southeast Michigan. Let us help you, we can stop wage garnishment, tax liens, and get you payroll tax deferral forgiveness. Get in touch today so that you can get your tax debt forgiven!