Port Huron, we are your experienced Chapter 7, bankruptcy attorneys!
The team at Detroit Bankruptcy Law is committed to helping our clients in finding the best solutions to their financial issues. Our attorneys can quickly assess whether bankruptcy Chapter 7 or bankruptcy Chapter 13 is the best choice for you. No matter your situation, we are here to provide you with the information you need to take the most efficient and effective course of action possible.
Our staff will never treat you like just another case. We believe in prioritizing our clients' issues, questions, and worries. Then, we’ll come up with a customized strategy for your situation so we can achieve the best potential outcome.
We are known for fresh start legal services because:
- The American Board of Certification has certified our attorney Rita Kostopoulos as a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist, which is a nationally recognized certification.
- The Debt Education and Certification Foundation named our firm one of the top 100 firms in America (DECAF).
- We have assisted over 10,000 of our customers in becoming debt-free through bankruptcy and other debt-relief options.
- We have over a lifetime of combined legal expertise in finding long-term debt relief instead of only temporary solutions.
- We are fluent in plenty of languages, including Arabic, English, French, Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Our number one goal is to help you in every way we can as a leading fresh start attorney group. We’re professionals, so we won’t pass judgment on you or your current circumstances. Our expert bankruptcy attorneys have never found a case too difficult for them to handle, we always find a useful answer to financial issues. We would be proud to help you find the best possible course of action to earn your financial freedom!
Why would I need a Chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyer?
Honestly, bankruptcy is not an easy procedure. There is a range of options for those in debt, which are divided into two categories: business and consumer. Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 are the most common consumer bankruptcies.
The bulk of your debt is discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. A debtor in Port Huron who files with our Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney can discharge unsecured obligations such as:
- Medical bills
- Personal loans
- Credit card debt
- Auto repossession
- Past-due utility bills
There are certain debts you cannot discharge under Chapter 7: spousal support or alimony, child support, certain taxes, court-ordered fines, victim restitution, debts for willful or malicious injuries, debts for most government-funded educational loans, debts for personal injury related to DUI accidents, and debts for the certain condominium or cooperative housing fees.
A Chapter 7 bankruptcy protects debtors from financial obligations with an automatic stay, meaning the debtor will no longer be held individually responsible. This also means that creditors cannot try to collect those debts from you in the future.
How we can help:
We know it can be an overwhelming process to file but know that we will do everything we can to make finding the best solution as low-stress as possible for you. We can do the following with a Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- Put an end to creditor harassment.
- Calls, letters, and all kinds of communication with creditors must be stopped.
- Put an end to wage garnishment.
- Prevent your home from being foreclosed on.
- Put an end to any repossessions.
- Put an end to any pending litigation against you.
Port Huron, we offer a FREE bankruptcy consultation!
Every day, people in similar situations to yours walk through our doorway looking for help from our staff at Rita Kostopoulos Law. No one can control everything that happens in their life, even if what’s happening can put you in debt. We only hire the best attorneys for our staff so that we can offer the greatest possible level of service to you.
Let us help you resolve your current debt and assist you in avoiding debt in the future. We also can help you get control of your credit again. Give us a call today to learn more about how filing for bankruptcy can improve your credit score while getting rid of your personal accountability for debt. Let our bankruptcy law group advise you on whether or not bankruptcy is the right option for you.