We are the qualified Bay City Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorneys!
At Detroit Bankruptcy Law, our law group can find out if Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is best for your situation. We have the knowledge and expertise to provide you so that you can make the most effective action possible to solve your financial issues.
You’ll never be treated as just another number at Detroit Bankruptcy Law. We can come up with the best plan for your unique situation so that you see the best result possible.
We are known as a fresh start attorney group because:
- Our attorney Rita Kostopoulos has been accredited as a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification, which is a nationally recognized accreditation.
- Our firm was recognized as one of the top 100 firms in the country by the Debt Education and Certification Foundation (DECAF).
- Over 10,000 of our clients have become debt-free thanks to bankruptcy and other debt-relief options.
- We have a combined legal experience of more than a lifetime in identifying long-term debt-relief alternatives rather than simply short ones.
- Arabic, English, French, Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish are among our numerous languages.
We are a leading fresh start legal services law firm. We will never judge you or your situation. We can handle any case; we’ve never seen a case too tough for us.
Why would I need a Chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyer?
Bankruptcy can be a confusing process. There are plenty of options available, and they are split into two groups, consumer and business. For consumers, the most common chapters of bankruptcy are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, most of your debt will be discharged. With Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney Bay City, debts like these will be discharged:
- Medical expenses
- Loan forgiveness
- Debt from credit cards
- Car repossession
- Past-due utility expenses
You cannot discharge these debts with Chapter 7 bankruptcy: certain taxes, court-ordered fines, spousal support or alimony, child support, debts for personal injury related to DUI accidents, and debts for a certain condominium or cooperative housing fees, debts for most government-funded educational loans, victim restitution, or debts for willful or malicious injuries. Under Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you are no longer individually responsible for your debts. You are protected by the automatic stay that starts once you file for bankruptcy. This means that creditors cannot try to collect from you.
How we can help:
We understand that filing might be worrisome but know that we will work with you to find the best solution. We can do the following with a Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- Calls, letters, and all kinds of communication with creditors must be stopped.
- Prevent your home from being foreclosed on.
- Put an end to any repossessions.
- Put an end to wage garnishment.
- Put an end to creditor harassment.
- Put an end to any pending litigation against you.
We offer a FREE bankruptcy consultation!
People like you walk into our office at Rita Kostopoulos Law daily to get help with their situation. Even if a situation can put us into debt, we can’t control everything in life. We can help you get rid of your current debt and stay debt-free in the future. We can also help you get control of your credit score again. Give us a call today to learn more about how bankruptcy can improve your credit score while getting rid of personal accountability for any debts. Let Detroit Bankruptcy Law understand what bankruptcy can do for you.